A recent report by the Pennsylvania Department of Health revealed some interesting trends in divorce in the commonwealth over the years. The report, released in May, tracked the number of marriages, divorces and annulments in Pennsylvania from 1950 through 2017. Here’s what it found:
- In 2017, there were 73,304 marriages statewide, 3,977 of which occurred in Bucks County.
- Of those marriages recorded in Bucks County, roughly 29 percent—or 1,167—ended in divorce or an annulment.
- There were 136 divorces that occurred within the first five years of marriage.
- The marital years between five and nine were when the greatest number occurred—208 divorces or 17.8 percent of the total.
- The lowest number (128 or 11 percent) transpired between 25 and 29 years of marriage.
- The divorce percentage jumped to 12.7 for 30 or more years of marriage.
Overall, divorces/annulments increased 171 percent in the state from 1950-2017. Back in 1950, there were 12,096 divorces. In 2017, that number was 32,777.
Click here to read the full report.
Are you looking for an experienced Bucks County divorce attorney? Call us at 215-340-2207, or email email@example.com.